Coming soon: 1095-B tax forms
One big perk of Aetna Funding AdvantageSM plans is that we assist in the preparation, filing and delivery of 1095-B 2020 tax forms for AFA members. In the coming weeks, we’ll be sending out 1095-B 2020 tax forms for Aetna Funding Advantage groups that have 2 to 50 employees and have not opted out. Remember, it’s your clients’ responsibility to ensure their information is accurate. If the information does not match IRS records and is rejected, we will not refile on their behalf.
For more details, contact the Aetna Answer Team at 1-800-297-7145 (TTY: 711).
Teladoc pricing is changing in 2021
We know how important the Teladoc® service is to your clients. We want to let you know that for the first time in six years, the rates for the Aetna-Teladoc offering1 will be increasing for 2021 due to rising medical costs.
Small Group AFA member cost-sharing will be determined by the member’s underlying medical benefits plan: PCP office visit cost-sharing for general medical, outpatient mental health cost-sharing for behavioral health and specialist office visit cost-sharing for dermatology.
Please refer to the attached flyer for more information.
Here’s an easier way for employers to send HIPAA reminders
On your clients’ to-do list? Sending their employees a reminder about the availability of their notice of privacy practices. Our HIPAA toolkit can help make the job easier. The toolkit, which is included in the welcome materials, contains a template that employers can use to meet the reminder notice requirement.
Update to requirements for newborn coverage
We recently updated requirements for our newborn coverage. Effective September 1, 2020 for new business and effective with the group’s renewal for existing business, if any employee wants to add their newborn to their AFA plan, they must contact the Aetna Answer Team or submit an enrollment form within 31 days after the baby’s birth. See the AFA handbook
Digital resources that support you anytime, anywhere
It’s never been easier to sell, renew and administer AFA benefits virtually – and keep members happy and healthy. These digital tools and resources provide support where and when you need it.
- ProducerWorld®. Illustrative quotes are just a few clicks away. Simply provide group information or member-level census and the plans your group is interested in. Then send the quote cover sheet and census to AFAIllustrativeQuoting@Aetna.com. We’ll take care of the rest.
- Springboard Marketplace®. This tool provides a convenient digital process for quoting, installation, and enrollment and benefits administration. Features include streamlined implementation, the ability to offer up to four AFA medical plans, defined contribution strategies and local network options, and access to the current invoice and past bills. For more information, visit Springboard.
- Broker portal for IMQs. This free concierge service collects and submits digital IMQs. To use, create a free account at FormFire.com/Aetna, then e-mail AFAHealthAppSupport@Aetna.com with a request form and census. We’ll invite and remind members to complete a digital IMQ through our secure portal. And once all IMQs are complete, we’ll submit the group to Underwriting for a quote.
- Aetna Answer Team. The Aetna Answer Team will handle service-related issues for your clients with 2 to 100 eligible employees. This includes enrollment and billing, commissions, technical support and group installation and administration. To learn more about Aetna Answer Team, go online or call 1-800-297-7145 (TTY: 711).
Earn more with the 2021 Aetna Excellence Broker Program
Our exciting Excellence Broker Program2 makes it easy for you to sell more and earn more. As an Aetna® producer partner, you can earn credits by educating your clients and providing value-added services that help improve the health and productivity of their workforces.
The program includes business sold or renewed with effective dates January 1, 2021, through December 31, 2021, and cases with 2 to 100 eligible subscribers. All fully insured groups of 1 to 50 (1 to 100 for CA, CO and NY) are excluded from the program.
Eligible medical plans and funding arrangements include:
- Small Group AFA plans with 2 to 100 eligible subscribers
- Fully insured plans with 51 to 100 eligible subscribers
Please see the attached PDF file for program rules and details.
We’re making e-mail more secure with Mimecast
To enhance e-mail security, we recently replaced our prior solution with the Mimecast security suite. People receiving a Mimecast secured message may notice a difference in experience. They’ll get an initial e-mail that gives them a temporary password to set up their account. Once they create an account, they can log in, view and manage all secure messages from CVS Health® in the secure portal.
New to Aetna Funding AdvantageSM? Click here to access the Aetna Funding Advantage (AFA) broker toolkit and learn more about this small group product. The toolkit is your one-stop-shop for product information, quoting resources and sold case info.